Saturday, March 20, 2010

Pacific Ocean


I took this photo a few weeks back on a Friday when we had strong rains. The lighthouse is Pt Vicente Lighthouse here in Rancho Palos Verdes. I was able to spend enough time near the edge of the cliffs and then come back just as the rain started. The lighthouse is active and you can see the light if you walk far enough along the trail.
I love the ocean, but not like many beach-goers here. Beach and ocean are two different entities. I don't ever go into the ocean here in California. Too cold. WAY too cold for me.
Funny. The Gulf of Mexico never commanded my complete, undivided attention like the Pacific Ocean does. This is an understatement. I told a friend of mine once that I can't stop looking at it-like I was mesmerized. I feel sometimes like a whaler's wife walking the widow's peak watching for her husband to come home. I wonder what or whom I'm expecting?

No comments:

Post a Comment