Wednesday, March 17, 2010

A Few of My Favorite Things

With all due respect to Rogers and Hammerstein, brown paper packages tied up with string could hold something nefarious.

So I have been compiling a list of MY favorite things, but the list is soooo long - as I love so much about this planet - that I am publishing the list of favorites for today, March 17, 2010.


Here it is:

-sitting on my patio at 0400 looking at the stars while I eat vanilla yogurt
-watching the evening sun crawl back into my living room and onto my drawing desk after its winter absence
-listening to my son laugh while he watches AFV
-knowing my car is paid for
-thinking my cats really seem to love me and not the fact that I can open treat bags (this is totally subjective, but I don't care)
-watching the sun set on the ocean
-watching the wind move palm leaves
-listening to the little starlings that live in the grand old ficus that stands outside my window
-macaroni and cheese (my co-workers will attest that I was singing about mac and cheese - like a 5 year old - when I ate my food. But it made me happy... so I sang about it.)
-hearing about a friend who is now in a new relationship
I'm a lucky girl. There are so many happy, little things on this planet. You will know when I-the soul of me - is not here on this earth when I am not moved by these little things. I hope the people who are near to me never see me in that state.

No comments:

Post a Comment