Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Maslow's Hierarchy of Needs

I may have made it through the day, but figuratively tripped and fell flat on my face several times. Ugh.

Yet, I have to say this: I am here. I went through the day. I had food to eat, a job to go to, a place to come home to, and a son to hug when I got there. I have my health. It's all in perspective. I may have to endure a lecture, yelling, anger, whatever, but I can still feel pain and fear, so I know I'm here and that makes me happy.


It really isn't that bad if you put it in perspective. Best of all I realize that I am still happy enough to appreciate and hold on to these things. I have ascended Maslow's Hierarchy of Needs enough to discuss my bad days logically with others.

That feels pretty good.

No comments:

Post a Comment